Monday, November 30, 2009

Friends. *Multiple Dao*

Life is but a dance of shadows, not of light not of darkness but a dance between the two. Tao Te Ching *Lao Tzu*

I have been thinking today about some various things, various ideas, conceptions, and various friends. Some are really dear to me and will be special no matter what, and others I really care about. So with no further ado down to the tributes.

I have a friend that used the term failure. The woman I used to know when I was a kid would never have settled for that thought. She was strong, she was defiant, and she went through life with her fists up in the sign of aversion. You know she is still there inside you, she still does not see you as a failure, and she does not see anything you have done as a failure.

You have a lovely little girl who is precious, you have many things in life around you so how can a person with all these great things view themselves as a failure. There is a great aspect to failing in things in life though and not many people see it.

Failure is a measurement no more no less, but it is a measurement of success. If you were to raise 5000 dollars or 10000 needed did you fail? But you succeeded in raising 5000 of it so it was not a failure, just not enough to accomplish the need the 10000 was for, but the 5000 could still be used and could be for a better cause than the 10000. Say you needed 10000 to pay an old friend off, but you ran into a person that only needed 5000 to save a child's life. Even though you may have failed in the 10000 you did succeed in saving a life. Where failure is present so too you find success. One gives birth to the other, and the other gives rise to another. In success gives the ability for failure and in failure gives birth to success.

Without one you can not have the other. In one you have the other. Nothing is perfect, nothing always goes just right, sometimes things can go wrong, and sometimes you can not control the circumstances. Bend like a reed during these times, let the times roll right over the reed and continue the course it is on, not letting it affect you. Where disaster hits, there is always a rebuilt house, a rebuilt life on the other side of that disaster. Focus on the end and nothing in the middle. Focus on the destination and not on the journey, for the destination is where you wish to go, not how you got there.

Never give up and never give in, if a stranger knocks you down get up and forgive them, and make sure they are alright. Those that care about others before themselves can be said untouchable, unable to be hurt, and pure. I don't see it that way, I see it as a true return to who we are. True return to understanding, loving, and balance.

When you feel like this again, hug the daughter, kiss the husband, walk outside and take a big deep breath and just say Thank You. Such a simple action can renew the fire within. Know that there are people in this world that love you for the simple fact that you are important.

---------------------------------------
I have another friend that is starting a new beginning. The new beginning can be scary, fun, adventurous and a defining moment in life. A return to the old, a keeping of the new, and a throwing out of things you do not like. It truly is a great adventure. Brave one is to start a new, just remember if anything happens friends are around, but we can not read minds, please come and talk to us if you ever need to. We love you so much, and are glad your back. I can't wait to see what your version 2.0 brings to your kind heart.

---------------------------------------
Another friend comes to mind. While I write. Though things in life we do with good intention, sometimes intention blinds the eyes and hurts those close to us. During my training, and my path I have a strong pull to be a gentle person, though I may talk gruff, I still have some rough edges to work on, but the path is not a destination, it is a journey. Do I have my goals set to a destination? How can one follow the path if a destination is the reasoning behind it. I have decided to live life betting myself, giving myself to others, and not take myself for myself.

When doing my arts, I practice with the idea of power but gentle kindness. When practicing with gentle movements, I put power in, when I practice power I put gentleness behind the movements. If something happens I wish to look at the simple idea that humanity does not act violent or harming by nature, but something occurred to spawn the reactions of anger, violence, and deceptions.

In time my dear friend, I wish you find all the happiness you want. Worry not what happens today to yourself, but worry for tomorrow for others.

------------------
Life is hard, decisions can be a great joy, or a great sadness. Do I still love her, yes. Do I still want her, yes. Can I destroy lives to get what I want. No. I can only nurture what life has dealt. Bend like a reed and think of others. I have spent a lot of time to reduce what I have, and eliminate what I want. I only want 2 things now, and if I don't get what I want, then that is alright. I have come to the point to know that want is not a need, and need is always taken care of by the path. Humanity needs very little to live, and well you can have many things and call it living, but life is more than objects you surround yourself with. Life is experienced by putting others before yourself, and not wanting anything more than what the path has given to you.

My dear friends, if ever you needed me, I am always here for you. If ever something happened I will have my heart ready to give to you, if ever you needed me to just be there let me know and I will come. I care about your futures, and I care about your happiness. I am nothing without those I care about, so please don't ever feel it is a burden or your taking me away from anything, you people are my joy, my love, and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment