Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Council *True Dao*

Was reading a note and came across one stating they gave good council. I thought the writing was well written with good intent. It was about perceptions and things of that nature.

The issue I saw, was when done on perception then the writing itself is a perception of the writer and not of the subject. Perception is in the eye of the beholder, and the beholder is the writer writing it, or in the reader reading it.

There was a section where it is mentioned the writer as giving good council. Every council people offer is intended to be good I believe. No council is meant to hurt or harm a person. Why couldn't it be just council though?

When you label an thing as good or bad isn't that just a perception going on as well. Write about perception and perception will generally lead to deception in the writing. Council is council. Advice is advice. When one labels it good or bad it is a calling card for betrayal of intent. I like the sound of that actually as it fits so many in the world.

When a friend comes looking for advice give your opinion of the matter from the heart, have their interests motivating the conversation, and not a hidden agenda of I am providing good or my words are good. The hidden agenda is recognition, and recognition is a request for fame, request for fame negates the true nature of giving and becomes receiving, and when one receives the act of when giving be kind is trampled on.

Instead give council, only give what is needed. If you only give what is needed then you did not good and no bad but just did what was needed.

To receive council is easy, to give council is hard, and to give good council is impossible. Giving council could impact another persons life and should never be taken lightly, and never should one feel that they offered good or sound council. When one become complacent in labeling the council, they then forget the reason they give council, or the impact it could have on a life.

Would those they understand speak, would those that speak understand. My writings are mine, my writings are not a claim to fame, are not meant to help others, but are only thoughts in my own little world. Do I want a person to remember me when I am gone, I would prefer they not look to me in the memory but continue going forward without my presence.

Anything I did on this plane of existence was what was needed at the time. No good nor no bad was ever intended. No claim for fame was ever wanted. Only thing I ever want to be is a humble person with a humble life, that can be a piece of a bigger puzzle, and provide support to the pieces that fit next to me in the greater puzzle.

This concept deserves no claims, no acknowledgement, and no praise. It is what it should be. When council is given do not give it lightly, when being kind be kind. Perception is just a perception, the way one sees a thing is the way they see it. Instead of labeling a subject as evil, or perverse, or sick, one should remove their own thoughts and their own perception of things.

Humanity will always be human and to human is to err. Great thing about the Dao teaching is it states the this idea. One should not judge least you be judged is the concept he included, but calling people sick and calling them perverse is judgement in it's base form. Instead I would embrace this as a opportunity to practice the balance. Without those in life thinking this way we could not have the ones that think on the opposite spectrum. Instead of being judgemental put the idea in a analogy to cut the writers perception bleeding in.

Some people are mountains, and some rivers. Some are non-moving in their ideas and ways but without them the river can not flow from elevation differences. If those people out there that this article referenced as perverse or sick, then the river would not flow.

Reap what you sow. As you live, so will you die.

If this is an eternal concept then I must tell you the future. I am not afraid of death, I love all people, I just hate some of their ideas and the way they hurt one another. I wear my heart on my sleeve. That is the way I was born and so to that is the way I will die.

I strive to be a sage but understand I will never be able to claim that title. I live in contradiction, but balance them to coexist and be peaceful with each contradiction. The way of life is to come to grips with contradictions and finding the balance between. Instead of sick people, I see them as still trying to find a balance, still trying to find a harmony within.

The article was good though with a good intent, however the article betrays the intent. It betrays the removal of self when it comes to council, it removes the prejudice of the writer and most importantly it also casts judgement on people.

The article mentions how people should mind their own business. I smile at this part because the first part of this was what I have said over years and years. "Don't worry about what other people think of you." Never did the saying judge or be rude to people. But now on this page I see it written as:

Don't worry about what other's think, they should mind their own business.

So does this mean that the receiver of this kind of information should not worry about what you just thought, that they should just mind their own business? The way this is presented is not well thought out of, and very negative in thought, but that is my perception. The idea is good but the delivery needs worked upon. When giving advice (council) one should choose their words very carefully.

Never have I referenced something like giving good council, or good advice. I simple call it what it is, council or advice. Time will tell when it is good or bad, but if I call it this our that it shows Bias opinion. Besides what seems to be good may show good at the beginning but end worse than if no advice was ever given. This is the reason one should always consider advice and take long moments to carefully choose their words and thoughts before responding.

Regina was given advice. So far she is doing well but only time will tell. Was it good advice? No I only gave her what she already knew inside. I only gave her what was needed to be heard for her at that time, however time will tell if it was correctly given or a false idea of what was supposed to be heard.

Until I die and they person that was given the advice should call me good council or good advice. What seems to be good for one person may end up causing a nightmare for another. This is the reason we should always when giving advice choose our words carefully and let the answers come from inside the person receiving the advice. Cultivate the internal answer to want to jump out, that way it seems like you did nothing at all.

Instead of trying to change people like I did so many times in the past. I have found a knew idea, have people change themselves. I would rather not be responsible for change or force something that would never happen. Instead nurture the inner self of the person, if you lead with the love and goal of happiness of the person what ever that maybe, then the person will show you where that happiness goes to. It may not be what you believe it to be.

When one finds the happiness the ideas and prejudice disappears. The angst and violence goes to the side. Anger comes and quickly fades. Grudges no longer able to be formed, and life comes to become a better view for all.

Don't limit the view of yourself
Don't despise the conditions of your birth
Don't resist the natural course of your life.

For a while I despised my birth, I fought the course of my life, and I gave limit to my view. With this being said would I have been the sick or perverse person this guy talked about, am I sick?

For a long time I was lost, but even being lost my true course came out, no matter how much you hide, or shut down yourself to stop the inevitable it always finds a way to be. That is why it is inevitable. The course of ones life is inevitable, why resist it. Why change it. If the river flows north allow it to flow north.

All the people said this article was good. I even thing it was don't get me wrong. But the article betrayed the intent. The intent was good, the article betrayed it though. So many people in life stuck on evil and good people. If people where taught a humble life from the start and the general principles of nature maybe they would not lead evil or sick lives. Evil people have good in them and Good people hides the evil in their hearts. Occasionally you have a person that fits no where of the two but sits balanced on the edge of both. Sick some call them, evil the good calls them, and good the evil calls them. Sometimes a person is just misunderstood and people perceive it as them not liking things or them criticizing others.

This is the whole perception idea. If one opens their eyes and sees truth for truth, then it is still considered a perception if someone else disagrees or sees a different truth. Sometimes there is more than one truth that is present, be careful what you see for there may be more than what you see, truth to one can be a lie to another, a lie can be seen as truth.

Before quoting the sayings look within and find them true to oneself. Constantly try to expand and contemplate them for you may find that they hold more than one truth in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment