Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pathways *Dao*



The paths of life come in many forms and in many ways. Each path can be attributed with an element, each path as well has a goal. But the path of Dao is learning to walk each path at the same time, keeping the center where all paths joined a constant no matter the direction you walk in.

A drum here a flute there. A chime to come, and a keyboard to go. A song of life along the path of life. A computer has paths called a bus, a road is a path for cars, the brain works along it's neural paths.

Ever get to a point where the sense of the body just melt into the surroundings, where things are just things and not analyzed. Where nothing is there and everything is around. The simple seems to be less complicated, and the complicated forgotten. The path of Dao, the path of being.

Even in the martial arts everything follows a path, every deception has a tell, every movement has an energy or element behind it. If one practice the path of all elements at once then no individual element can penetrate you.

I long to know where I fit into the picture, but at the same time I know what the answer is. Long time ago I dreamed of being a sage, I have worked hard at the understanding of things, I have lived many treacherous choices in order to learn the darker side of choices made. I have formed an uncanny ability to think out several possibilities in a single second, I have obtained a wisdom from people older than I and yet, I still consider myself very far away.

Though my thoughts and teachings seem dark and far from Dao, it still comes into the circle. Instead of saying life on the yin or yang sides I say life on the line. Live understanding yin has yang and yang has yin. Like a married couple, but be in the center of both, do not take sides. That may not sound very Dao, but unlike many Daoists today, I understand many aspects of the old teachings differently. Where the Dao De Ching state that if one has honor they will have dishonor, tells me that if one focuses on the good side of things without the focus on the bad side of things they are not in harmony. They are delusional to say the least, they are also trying to fool themselves as to what harmony is.

They focus on one path that looks to be correct because that is what society tells them is correct. Sometimes the correct path is a very dark, lonely, and terrifying area to walk. The path to your natural self the one your meant to be, but few ever achieve is meant to be hard, meant to confuse at times, and to enlighten one. It is not the expulsion of the darkness within but the ability to combine both your dark side and light side together in a perfect blend.

Lately I have talked about the vicious dog inside that could bite the person if it is not let out and one learns to harness the dogs energy. Over the next couple weeks I will talk about another darker side of people one worse than the dog. The dog is rage if you were curious.

Upon a path in the forest you can come across many things that will harm you, from wild dogs, to snakes, to spiders, and including yourself if your not attentive. The key to getting through this is the following. Don't panic and carry a towel. Just joking about the towel. In the next couple of weeks I will introduce you to many things. The hardest part of it all, will be finding titles for the writings.

Well I hope that your pathways for your week and well life, goes according to your personal Dao and that you are content with the things you have, and that the beautiful natural paths you come across remain that way for as long as your remain in this form.

No comments:

Post a Comment