Friday, April 30, 2010

In Memory of .... *Unsure Dao*


Amazing the things we forget, by choice, or by coincidence. It just shows our current limited capacity. Our frailty and the lack of overcoming due to religious fanatics. I have forgotten faces of people I once new, back when I was a child, and when I was in high school. A single year and I will loose more knowledge than I ever obtained. Memories of people replaced with something else something current in day to day life.

Watching the Gundam Seed series, an anime I like. They had some people called coordinators. A genetically enhanced human being, done so at birth. The gene's of the human make-up chosen and picked to give increased strength, increased intelligence, a longer life span, etc.

If genetic engineering was fully looked at from a logical perspective, it could really become a great thing for humanity. If your a religious fanatic it look at it this way, in the bible it said humanity lived hundreds of years, what if genetic engineering could bring that back, you could worship your supreme being longer and show your devotion in more than a blink of an eye.

I would be able to remember things and do things better, in fact I am sure that genetically engineered me would not be bored, as I can come to the state of mind that boredom is a genetic marker. How do I figure, well something in me will not allow me to keep it away, and I have tried many many things.

Imagine a society that is not wrecked with disease, or a society in the need of current medical needs, a race who can withstand cold temperatures, breathe radioactive air, or withstand extreme heat. Genetics is a blessing but is being hampered by those without open minds, minds closed in on a religious aspect that genetic engineering is playing god.

I used to be good at math, you remember don't you. I could take a complex problem and solve it quickly. Keyword in that sentence being used to. What if your son or daughter were genetically engineered, what kind of mental capacity would they be capable of, think about it a 2 year old doing algebra, or chemistry, unfortunately, these rare genetic specimens come from natural orientation once in a great while, and we call them genius, or enlightened, or sages. Depending on where their genetic enhancements fall, and which marker was tapped by the natural occurrence.

We could genetically engineer a place where all living things strive to help each other instead of harm one another. Imagine a place where crime does not exist, or at least to a very small amount of today's society. Serial killers do not exist, stress is handled correctly, and life in general can exist for more years than it does currently.

Life happens in a flash when your at the end, some say I wish I could do more, or have done more, what if you lived to be 200 years old. 100years would be your thirties or forties. Wouldn't you be more apt to do good in your life span if you knew you had the time to start a project, and know you have the enhanced intelligence to complete the work.

I have forgotten so much in my life, I thought it was all just recently that it occurred, however I have slowly been forgetting things as the years progressed. People, places, events and it does not look like it would stop any time soon. At times I wish I was genetically engineered, what harm would it have done, what kind of life would I have had if many things were changed in my genetic makeup. Yes I would not be the current me, but the possibility of being more than what I am is so much more exciting to me.

46 chromosomes in our DNA, and in viruses there is the RNA. What if we could activate or cross the stands to where we could defeat, or destruct an RNA directly through our DNA. Virus's would be wiped out. Take a virus for example, some mutate or alter our own DNA in order to spread and kill us. Why couldn't we take that same philosophy and attack the virus. If a marker in our body was tapped and enhanced, it could become a sentinel against a virus. Dormant and inactive, until the body detected the virus, in which case the sentinel would wake up. Think of it as a white blood cell that has been working out in the white blood gym, with specific instructions to infiltrate the RNA code and change it into a harmless after fact. Another way is to reprogram the virus into an antiviral coded RNA strand that only targets and destroys the viral code.

Take memory for example, we only use a small amount of our minds, that small part is split into other areas, how much is used for memory. To put it into computer terms, I think we have a terabyte of space but only use a bit of it. Oh I made a funny. hahah Computer puns are dry but us computer people get a kick out of them.

Imaging a genetic marker of intelligence being tapped and mental capacity, how much would we be able to tap into then. The thing that saddens me though is with this thought it would expand humanity in numbers, a limiter on population really should be invoked. Humans need to learn to control their own urges, and the spreading like virus that they do. Great thing is genetically I think this can be done, I think the urge to procreate can be slowed down to a level where one can manage it easier. Either procreate or not it is up to them, more than urge. Plus procreation in this new genetically engineered world would be regulated. To have a child by natural selection or by engineering them would require a license or supervision. At least until we can find a new world to populate as well.

Course half of what I say makes sense and the other makes the faithful terrified due to religious ideas that their pastors, preachers, and holy leaders put in their heads. But here is a cold fact, abortion may be killing a life (or one could say sacrifice), but in the old testament of the bible, the people that were sacrificed and killed was a fully born person into the world. Sacrifice is what religious people call murder they perform, and they call it murder when it does not suit their agenda.

A person that knows that a being brought into this world can not be taken care of by them, or does not want to bring a life into this atrocious world should not be condemned, but respected because they chose it, and they had the freedom of it. Besides it is one less mouth to feed, one less person destroying the world, and one less possible psycho on the loose. Don't get me wrong, course you don't want to hear that, but if the birth of a person took food from your mouth and you starved, now you would have a different view of the situation wouldn't you?

What if we could genetically engineer a person to live on a fraction of the food we use today. Everyone today is about conservation and green this, green that. Why not the human body being green. Instead of food why not survive on a fraction of the food, and mostly on water vapor, and such. All things grown and created come from the same place. We could develop a better human energy source, and quite possibly remove all those little nuances that people have difficulty living with.

Anxiety, Distrust, Deceit, inability to be in a social surrounding, heart ache, ill logical choices, and how about stress. What if we could do away with all that? Now I know what your thinking, we would be robots without free will, or the ability to learn from our mistakes.

Learning is math, and 1+1 is 2, who cares if we did not learn it from getting the problem wrong so many times that we learned it. If we learned it earlier we could have progressed quicker. Free will still exists but some of the limiters, and undesirables are removed from the human profile. War or the war mentality is re-written to put forth the ideas into building instead of destroying.

No war truly built anything, only thing that a war does is destroy. I know the title of this entry says memory of, but like the article states I forgot what it was supposed to be like, one of those nuances I was talking about.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment