Monday, April 5, 2010

The Release *Dao*


As the monk that came from the city entered the Jade Cove, a feeling of release came over him. No longer did he need to hold back or form walls to hold society at bay from trampling over him. The wind that blows is meant to be enjoyed, the water that falls is meant to replenish, and the sun that shines is meant to be embraced.

A tree that sways enjoys the breeze, a snake that rests on the rock embraces the sun, and the shrubs that turn green are replenished by the falling water. A animal not rushed is one that can enjoy.

A rabbit can enjoy it's time slowly if not presented with outside pressure. A person presented with the social strains of a stressful city can never find a sense of rest even when still. How can one start something if the previous thing never ends. A rabbit that is always running may find no time to eat along the way.

You know the best thing I have felt since moving here is the lack of pressure, stress and the constant Go feeling that I had in Jacksonville, Florida. The surrounding area does seem to put a weight on me and push. Actually the opposite is true, the area seems to be neutralizing the pressure I had and bringing me to a depressurized state.

I have not been able to see much of the area I am in, however I have pine trees, regular trees, a river and real grass outside my apartment. The best part, I have see rabbits, squirrels (healthy and huge), pigeons, and other types of birds when I step outside to smoke. I guess in that aspect I have seen more than I have of Jacksonville.

I feel a release of many things here. Still I have got a pretty far way to go. So for tonight that is the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment