Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Push Through *Resolve*

Sometimes I feel like this. Sometimes I just want to stop trying, sometimes I just want to say, I did what I could and it was not good enough. Then a whisper in the wind comes and states...

"Death is not here so giving up is not an option, redirect the weight of the world with 4 pounds of your own weight."

I think the reason I like the wind is due to it's free nature, and the way it has always lifted me up when it blew across my face. The wind has a sweet smell before a storm, a fragrant smell during the spring, a cooling feature during the summer, and in winter it shows the cruelty it can posses.

Think about the energy that can be harnessed by generating a mini tornado, think about the power in a regular tornado. The wind can bring a sense of calm, or can cause total destruction. Even during hurricanes I feel the need to be outside in the wind.

Water is cool too. Lakes and rivers I love these types of water bodies, but the beach I never really could get behind. I guess I am more of a fresh water fish than anything. The Tao Te Ching may reference life living in the resemblance of water, and I can agree, but the questions come too. It states many good qualities of water, but water is not the only element with good qualities, and it also has it's bad qualities as well. Erosion, tsunami's, hurricanes, water spouts, flooding, etc. Some created with the assistance of the other elements the water still can cause damage. But for the most part water like in the picture is the way to lead life.

What is the Dao, hmm... A complete symmetrical system of opposites and adjacent principles in order to achieve an integral balance within ones life that affects all living beings both directly and indirectly, by affecting a positive aspect of being selfless, caring, and thoughtful. Yea that sounds good, but the Tao/ Dao is only a path, the way, with only a guide according to the Tao Te Ching as to how to lead a life style. No where is it written this is the only way to achieve the knowledge of the Dao, and no where does it state once you achieve this point you will know the Dao.

I believe there are more educated people on this subject, however I believe that those who say do not know, and those that know do not say. In other words those that know the Dao does not boast about knowing it, but teaches through showing a person or talking in selected text about certain things. They never try to benefit from the Dao, but tries to make the Dao benefit from them. I don't think I would like to attend a school for the Dao, nor do I think I would I like to pay someone for the Dao. The Dao exists everywhere, and anywhere. One just needs to calm oneself, and look for the answers in everything.

Resolve is the only thing needed to accomplish something in life. If you resolve to stop a negative feature you will succeed. Resolve to stay on course of a plan and you will stay on it. Resolve is defined as: 5. to reach a firm decision about in the Webster online dictionary. The problem with looking for resolve in a definition is that one can meet the definition and yet miss the whole idea of resolve.

Resolve is the decision to do something, but also the action of doing it no matter what issue is presented. Sometimes though resolve can become a reed that has been dried to snap upon bending, instead of flexing easily and remaining intact as it would with a live reed.

Times when I feel like this, is when resolve kicks in. When the wind reminds me that only I can cause myself to be like this. When I feel like breaking my stop smoking routine, resolve kicks in, I push through it. When my financial arena is not as far as I would like it or I cut it close to the wire, I push through it. I take a deep breathe, relax and remember that if the world falls tomorrow and went back to the dark ages I would survive in the open wilderness, I feel better, calmer and able to push through it with resolve.

Times I look at the three segments of time. The past, the present and the future. I understand the past, and realize without the choices in life I did, how would I be where I am now. If I stayed with any of the women in my life would I be who I am now, and would they?

Present situation does not freak me out at all. For a person that has gone through a lot of negative stuff and started out from scratch at the age of 31 I am doing very well as far as a life style, material belonging to live with, and well I suppose you can say a new start with an old life to learn from.

The future freaks me out the most but it is not over bearing unless I allow it to be. I mean what I can control will be controlled, what I can't I must allow it to flow through me and hope I end up on the up side of the wave. Stress is a weight, if one stresses during a wave they will surely drown.

Well that is my ideas and thoughts tonight. I have been writing for quite some time, in between work responsibilities and searching for images for the writing.

Best wishes my dear readers. Have a blissful day, and balance to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment