Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Call

Through out my life I have given without any wants or motives behind it. That is one thing I can say about my life. I have given sagely advice without the intention on helping at no costs, or motives.

I received a call from a friend, who has not found the path yet. His Uncle got drunk and started a fight with him, and since he faught back due to pride, he is now kicked out of the house. He would like to borrow $10.00 for supplies. Of course being a Daoist I said sure. He said the money was going for supplies and he is flooding his resume out.

If that is true then it is a big step for this young person. He is starting down a path, however unlike his friend which came to me for guidance, he has not truly sought out any directly from me.

The only advice I could give was based on the fight. "Sometimes to win an altercation one must sit back and take the punchs." Sometimes you have to roll with the punches as they say. Plus I got another, "When you win, sometimes you loose more than just keeping your pride, sometimes when you loose your pride you win."

Humanity has been drilled with the concept of win or loose, and with pride to such a harmful way. Humanity has become a really harmful society to the world, take religious fanatics on both sides, the politicians and the art of lies as they are, the laws of society, and our own common interaction with people.

It is no wonder I so want to leave this society just like my elders did when they went to Wu Dang Mountain. I want to leave society, go to a secluded place to build that place, grow my food, and live in peace with the world. The world is so much more than just us humans. It is a lovely place, a difficult place, but a rewarding place as well.

A person will lie, cheat, steal, fight, and cause harm to another person with no compassion in their hearts. That is one of the things I miss in humanity, compassion. The will to generally care about all other people first, and self last.

So I truly hope he decides to listen to me, but I will help out as much as I can, not as the sage but as a friend. So until I am asked for the advice I can only support him as a friend. Sagely advice should not be given if the person is not going to hear it. A wasted breath is just as good as a wasted life.

No comments:

Post a Comment